Monday, June 4, 2012

To All of My Haters

Lately(I'm not sure why)some people have been rather rude to me.
The latest situation was today when one of my classmates told me I was ugly. He had said it before, but then I hadn't taken it in to much recognition. This time it struck me though. The way he said it, directly to me, not laughing at all, broke me up inside. I don't think people realize what impact their words have on others.
It didn't make me want to cry. I ranted a bit to my friend, but I was just working off my anger. If the person and people who have hurt me over the years ever read this, I want them to know:
I am not athletic because some days it's hard just to breathe,
I don't wear makeup because that's not who I am and I do not bend to what I am "supposed" to look like,
I don't wear skirts because I'm hiding my legs that you all seem to notice,
I hide my head because I don't find worth in myself,
I have my own mind, so I'm sorry if you're offended by that,
I may not be pretty, but that's because I choose not to be,
I am not a man, I am a gentleman,
I have so many emotions weighing on my heart, I don't need extra depression pounds.
Please think before you speak. It could be the difference between life and death for some. It's not dramatic. It's reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment